Dragonfire can customize training to suit practically any topic or audience. We offer both half-day high level overviews as well as in-depth one or two day programs to help you and your staff master a subject. Our staff and many in our network of training associates are PSMB/HRDF certified trainers.
Following are several of the most popular programs we offer.
Courageous conversations are about fostering trust, personal improvement and growth through intentional listening, providing constructive feedback, and exploring forward-looking aspirations. This will lead to improvements in one’s leadership skills. Courageous conversations can be used to manage performance or in any other engagement that requires participants to express their views objectively and with purpose.
- Theory of conflict management
- Psychology of human behavior and thinking preferences
- The principles of Courageous Conversations
- Managing unintentional bias
D.O.P.E. assessment (the 4 bird personality test)
Closing the Generation Gap
It is common to see conflict arising from differences in values and miscommunication happening with the various generations working. Understanding generational motivations and values is key to appreciating the differences and effectively working alongside each other.
- Defining the workplace generations
- Talking about my generation – defining values according to the various generations
- Finding common ground – tactics for surviving together
- Benefits of generational gaps
Effective Negotiation & Influencing Skills
This session explores how thinking and emotions are used systematically in effective negotiations. The five common negotiation tactics are demonstrated, and participants will learn how to respond when this is used on them during negotiations. Participants will learn the six principles of influence and how to use them during negotiations.
- Basic structure of the negotiation process
- The strategic approach to changing the other person’s thinking and emotions
- An exploration of how this approach is used in common negotiation tactics
- Higher Authority
- Good Cop, Bad Cop
- Time Pressure
- Confusion Technique
- The Ultimatum
- Cialdini’s Six Principles of Persuasion and how to use them in negotiation
Succeeding in Industry 4.0
This session offers participants an introduction to Industry 4.0 (aka “the Industrial Internet”) and its applications in the business world. They will gain insights into how smartness is being harnessed from data, and appreciate what they need to do to overcome some of the challenges presented by the reliance on data and data analysis in their own roles.
- Introduction to Industry 4.0
- Road to Industry 4.0
- Disciplines, Systems, Technologies for enabling Industry 4.0
- Role of data, information, knowledge and collaboration in future organizations
- Challenges brought about by Industry 4.0 and how organisations and individuals should prepare to reap the benefits
Developing an Agile Mindset
The move to the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0) is taking place in a world of VUCA – volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. As a result, change is and will be the only constant in many business environments. This session explores how the adoption of an agile mindset can help participants successfully navigate constant change to arrive at the best possible business decisions, strategies, and work performance.
- Overview of IR 4.0, VUCA, and their effect on the business environment
- Agility, the agile mindset, and their relationship to work performance
- Benefits to achieving developing an agile mindset
- How to develop and sustain an agile mindset
Emotional Intelligence for Effective Team Building
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to recognize and manage one’s emotions, as well as recognize and respond effectively to the emotions of others. It includes being able to engage with others in a team, and understanding the team from the “big picture” point of view. Effective team members are self confident, which is reflected by their own emotional self-awareness, and their ability to control their emotions. Empathetic team members think from various points of view and accept the diversity of viewpoints of others.
- Introduction to EI and the four domains of EI
- IQ vs EI vs CQ
- Setting the stage: self awareness, understanding your emotions, the five competencies of EI at work
- Guiding principles in managing conflict
- Improving the team’s collective EI (group activity)
Building a Thriving and Healthy Team Culture
The word “TEAM” reflects a group of individuals who come together to achieve a common goal and reach a desired level of performance. To accomplish that, each individual’s contribution is crucial. This session will help participants discover how their needs, motivation, mindset, and behaviour interact with those of others to create a team culture. The session will provide participants with knowledge and tools to help build a thriving and healthy team culture in collaboration with others.
- Introduction to the “I” in the “TEAM” and its significance and importance
- The differences between us: needs, personalities, behaviours
- Establishing effective interpersonal communication
- Using a healthy team culture to establish and develop effective, high-performing team
Contact us now to discuss your requirements!